What is Flow Monitor?
WhatsUp Gold Flow Monitor is a network traffic monitor that lets you gather, analyze and report on network traffic patterns and bandwidth utilization in real-time.
WhatsUp Flow Monitor:
- Uses network protocols such as NetFlow, sFlow, Jflow and IPFIX to collect and analyze information about the traffic on a router, switch, or other network device.
- Highlights overall utilization for the LAN or WAN, individual devices, or specific interfaces, and provides information about the users, applications and protocols that consume network resources.
- Provides reports that allow you to:
- View network usage trends to determine when to upgrade hardware to increase network capacity.
- Recognize and correct network configuration issues that may needlessly consume network resources or expose your network to security vulnerabilities.
- Identify traffic which may indicate undesired network usage, such as unauthorized use of peer-to-peer file sharing applications or a denial-of-service attack against your organization.
- Troubleshoot and correct causes of spikes in network traffic before they become problems.