Creating global WMI performance monitors
To create a WMI performance monitor for system-wide use:
- Go to the Performance Monitor Library:
- From the web interface, click . The GO menu appears.
- If the WhatsUp section is not visible, click . The WhatsUp section of the GO menu appears.
- Select . The Performance Monitor Library appears.
- or -
- From the main menu bar of the console, select . The Performance Monitor Library appears.
- Click . The Select Performance Monitor Type dialog appears.
- Select , then click . The Add WMI Performance Monitor dialog appears.
- Enter a and short for the monitor, as it will appear in the Performance Monitor Library.
- Click the browse () button next to to connect to the WMI Performance Counter tree.
- Enter or select (using the browse () button) the computer name, and coinciding Windows Credentials for the computer to which you are attempting to connect, then click . The Performance Counters dialog appears.
- Use the navigation tree in the left panel to select the counter for which you want to monitor.
- In the right pane, select the specific instance of the selected counter for which you want to monitor.
: The bottom of the dialog displays any available information about the counter/instance pair.
- Click to add the appropriate values to the and fields on the Add WMI Performance Monitor dialog.
- Verify the configuration of the monitor, then click to add the monitor to the Performance Monitor Library.
- After the monitor has been added to the library, you can enable the monitor through . For more information, see Enabling global performance monitors.