Creating a Blackout Period
You can create a Blackout Period to have WhatsUp Gold suspend specific actions during a scheduled period of time. Use this feature to keep from sending a notification to someone who is on vacation, or to keep from sounding a Web Alarm when there is no one near-by to hear the alert.
: Polling dependencies & blackouts only apply to the collection of device active monitors.
To create a Blackout period:
- On the device from which you want to create a Blackout Period, right-click, then select. The Device Properties dialog appears.
- Click . The Device Properties - Actions dialog appears.
- Select the action for which you want to create the Blackout Period, then click . The monitor properties dialog appears.
- Click . The Action Builder appears.
- Click . The Weekly Blackout Schedule dialog appears.
- Set the times for which you want the blackout to occur.
: The schedule that you set is repeated weekly.
- Click .