Creating folder action rules
Folder action rules are configured per host. To have the same folder action rule on multiple hosts, you must configure it for each host.
To create a new folder action rule:
- From the top menu, select . The Hosts page opens.
- Select a host from the list by clicking on the hyperlinked host name. The Host Details page opens.
- Select from the left navigation menu. The Folder Action Rules page opens.
- Click . The Create Folder Action Rule page opens.
- Enter the appropriate values for each field.
- . Enter a name for this rule. This name is for your reference only and can include up to 256 characters.
- . Specify a mask for this rule. The rule only applies to the files and folders that match the specified mask. Multiple entries must be separated with a comma. For example: *.exe, readme.txt, *.gif
: Enter *.* to match all files. Enter * to match all files and folders or any number of characers. Enter a question mark (?) as a wildcard matching a single character.
- (/ by default). Enter or browse to select the folder you want this rule to apply to. This path is relative to the root of the host.
: If the file path specified is a virtual folder set to display in users' home folders, the rule only applies to the instance of the virtual folder located at the specific file path displayed. To apply the rule to the virtual folder under all users' home folders, you must create one rule for each user's home folder.
- (selected by default). Select this option to apply this rule to the subfolders of the folder specified in .
- . This list contains all of the users and groups configured on the host. Select the checkboxes next to the users and groups to whom you want this rule to apply.
- . This section is used to select one or more notifications to send and to specify the criteria that trigger the notifications for this rule. Notifications can be triggered when any of the following actions succeed or fail: upload, download, rename, delete, create folder.
- . This list contains all of the notifications configured on the current host. Select the checkboxes beside the notifications you want to associate with this rule. To configure a new notification and associate it with this rule, click .
- (optional). Enter the full path and file name of the program you want to run on the server when this rule is triggered.
- (optional). Enter the arguments to pass to the executable, if necessary.
- : You can specify message notification variables as arguments to pass to the executable.
- Click to save the new folder action rule.