Anti-Virus Settings (BitDefender)
How to get here
Select the following options to configure the anti-virus server.
- BitDefender / IMail Standard Anti-Virus
- Select this option to have the IMail Anti-Virus Server scan messages for viruses.
Virus scanning can be enabled/disabled per domain on the Setting Domain Properties page.
- Select this option to attempt to repair a mail message that is infected. The infected portion is removed and a new file is created containing the repaired message. The initial infected file is deleted.
- that occur if IMail Anti-Virus Server is unable to repair an infected file. The action also occurs if the option is cleared.
- Does not deliver the message and deletes it from the spool directory.
- Sends a bounce message back to the sender informing him/her that the message was not delivered.
- The infected message is redirected to the address entered into the box.
- Enable either of the following notifications that will be sent for infected messages:
- Select this option to send one email (per infected message) to the email address entered in the box. The email that is sent to the administrator contains the following information: sender, intended recipient, message ID, subject, virus detected, and the action taken.
- Select this option to send an email to the intended recipients informing them that the message was redirected or deleted.
- Other Options:
- Click to save your settings. An "Update Successful" message and the time of the update appear.
Overview of Standard Anti-Virus (BitDefender)
Updating Virus Definitions (BitDefender)
Scheduling AVUpdate to Run Automatically (BitDefender)
Anti-Virus Logging (BitDefender)