New for Version 11.01
What's New in IMail Server 11.01
- New users. Capability for the Administrator to display a message for all Web Client users at the log in page. For more information see the Administrative Help under .
- New Web Administration user interface available for IMail Administrators now have capability to control and update both permissions and contents of the Public Contact folders within the Web Administration. For more details see the Administrative Help under .
- - New Command Line utility for renaming a "username" has been created. This utility can be found under your /IMail directory. For more information see the Administrative Help under
- has new improved user interface functionality within the IMail Server, along with new automated virus definition updates. Queue Manager has been enhanced to handle all the virus definition updates without requiring service restarts.
- New user interface can be found on the page.
- Days left to license expiration
- Date/Time of the last successful Antivirus update.
- Option to enable/disable the automatic virus definition updates. With a default setting of 4 hours to check for virus definitions.
- button should a manual virus definition update be required.
"AVUpdate.exe" is no longer required to update your virus definitions with IMail Server v11.01 or later. The program is still delivered with the installation to allow all older versions of IMail Server to continue to update using the old method.
New automated features for virus definition updates will be enabled. Be aware that any manual schedule that has been previously setup will continue. It is up to the IMail Administrator to disable any manual schedules that were previously set.
- Now compatible with Microsoft Windows 2008 Server.
- Ipswitch's DRM (Digital Rights Management) has replaced the HASP from Aladdin Knowledge Systems, Inc.
Please visit MyIpswitch.com for more information on managing licenses, and customer assistance.
What's New in IMail Server 11
Users now have the capability to synchronize their mobile devices with their web client information to include e-mail, contacts and calendar events. Users can maintain their contacts and calendar appointments from either their computer or mobile device, and remain synchronized.
Outlook synchronization is also capable, but requires installing the WorkgroupShare Client. This enables synchronizing e-mail, contacts, calendars, notes, and tasks between their web client, Outlook and their mobile devices.
- New IMail Server installations will have all mobile synchronization settings turned on.
- Upgrades will have the following settings:
- System setting for Enable Mobile Synchronization will be turned on.
- System Default User Property setting for Enable Mobile Synchronization will be turned on.
- Domain Property setting for Enable Mobile Synchronization will be turned on.
- Domain Default User Property setting for Enable Mobile Synchronization will be turned on (all new users will have the setting checked).
- Existing User Property settings for Mobile Synchronization will be turned , giving the IMail Administrators the decision of who is allowed to begin mobile synchronization.
The new Console Administrator has the bulk edit user capability, and can turn on this feature by going to the page, select all users and checking the Enable Mobile Synchronization.
It is recommended that Mobile Synchronization is not turned on for all users simultaneously, as the initial mobile download will put a high stress on your IMail system. See System Requirements for mobile user recommendations.
See the for more details on enabling this feature. Also available for mobile device owners is the Mobile Sync White Paper.
To allow integration for all users to receive the greatest benefit for mobile synchronization, Ipswitch has modified the Product Offerings. WorkgroupShare previously only offered with IMail Premium has the component necessary to allow mobile synchronization with Outlook to include e-mail, contacts, calendars, tasks and notes. and has been integrated into IMail Server Plus and IMail Server, obsoleting IMail Plus, and leaving and . See new Table of IMail Product Features.
- will now include and .
- will include , and
Ipswitch has integrated Commtouch's GlobalView™ Mail Reputation services into IMail Server Premium v11. By default upon installation the new IMailCommtouchIpRep service will be enabled (a wrapper for Commtouch's ctIPd™ daemon) and set to only logging. This default will need to be updated by your System Administrator to enable the full capability of Commtouch's IP Reputation daemon.
The Commtouch GlobalView Mail Reputation daemon (ctIPd™) is an embedded reputation engine with a small footprint. It is responsible for maintaining communication with the Commtouch Datacenter. ctIPd™ delivers reputation data to messaging, security and networking devices, providing an added layer of protection while saving valuable resources by enabling the messaging network to analyze and process requests before message reach the network. These querying devices post queries to ctIPd™ over HTTP, UDP, or RBL/RBL+ protocol requesting reputation data on source IP addresses attempting to establish SMTP sessions for sending messages to recipients.
See the at , and for more information.
Back by popular demand, the IMail Console Administration application has been rewritten with full functionality for handling all System Administration functions.
WorkgroupShare (Collaboration) and Instant Messaging have been omitted, as separate Console applications already exist for both applications. Look for them at .
The has the following functionality:
- New Bulk-Edit User capability by domain for editing one or more users simultaneously.
- New User Interface to allow modification to current user Web Preference settings.
- New Domain Default User Settings (also available with the Web Administration).
- New Domain Default Web Preference Settings (also available with the Web Administration).
- New System Default Web Preference Settings (also available with the Web Administration).
The Web Administrator originally written using classic ASP has been rewritten to use ASP.Net 2.0 to provide better performance.
Instant Messaging has been omitted from the Web Administration application, as a separate Console application is available. Look for it at
- has been rewritten using .NET for improved plug-in capability. The new SMTP service also has improved performance and stability for a better and more reliable mail delivery.
- - Will no longer be delivered with new IMail Server installations. The new Web Calendar does not require a service and directly accesses the database. Upgrading from an older version will not delete the old service, allowing continued access to both calendars.
- enhancement for searching a specific date has been replaced with a fixed format date panel to accommodate internationalized date formats. This date, when selected, can be changed by numerous methods:
- Selecting the month can be modified in two ways:
- Typing the first letter of the month or
- Use of the up and down arrows to scroll through the months.
- Selecting the date with the use of the up and down arrows to change the date.
- Selecting the year with the use of the up and down arrows to change the year.
- Set by default. This new setting will block all images from being viewed, until the link at the top of the e-mail message is clicked to allow the images to always display when selected.
- will now recognize the
"alias_name.txt" file used in older IMail Server editions. It will continue to use the
".lst" for new group aliases.
- with large user counts can now be displayed in the User Administration without timing out.
- web admin changes to the proxy settings now correctly update the
- - Should Premium Antispam (CommTouch) service not be installed, the IP Reputation Log will automatically be disabled. Also modified the user interface to be clear that the "Enable Premium Filter" pertains only to the Premium Content Filter, and not the IP Reputation Log settings.
- set to non-default directory path now correctly includes ODBC log errors.
- has corrected the issue with user flags being reset.
- Required Password Strength was corrected to not allow spaces in the password.
- which only displayed in the page when the Collaboration User did not exist, has been removed. The IMail Administrator will now be required to create this through the page.
- was corrected to only update the Alternate WorkgroupShare ID when not blank.
- Modifications were made to improve the for all Web Administration pages.
- - Search issue with Replies and BCC messages were corrected.
- Corrected where the received line was showing the IP Address instead of the HELO Host Name.
- Corrected issue where IP Reputation was not checking the white list.
- Corrected issue of postmaster bounce using the source IP address vs the domain that generated the bounce.
- Mail will now relay and auth for 127.0.0.1 correctly.
- RFC2822 dot stuffing now works correctly.
- Corrected issue that caused the system logs to fill with errors due to the DATA Command that continued to send data without ending. Error will now log one time and a MAX_SIZE error will be returned before disconnecting.
- Corrected issue with Access Control list creating exceptions when multiple threads were accessing the list at the same time.
- Corrected the IPAccessFile error displayed int the api log.
- Corrected issue with malformed messages where <CR> and <LF> are used individually.
- was modified by adding exception handling with user friendly log lines when using verbose logging.
- - Corrected where session was not properly closing connections after max errors were reached, and causing IP addresses to be written over and over to the ACC file causing SMTP to crash.
- will strip trailing nulls on all in-coming messages, and messages generated using the web client will no longer have trailing nulls at the end of the message.
- - Copyall no longer crashing Queue Manager for archiving.
- - Corrected Attachment Blocking from logging to the root drive to log to the spool file designated path.
- Corrected Notes issue affecting WorkgroupShare setup with SQL database not synchronizing correctly, and displaying only the first character.
- - Corrected the services page for IMailCommTouchAS and IMailCommTouchIpRep which were reversed for stopping and starting.
- E-mail format of "test..@domain.com" will no longer be stopped as an invalid mail address format.
- Fixed e-mail not displaying message body correctly for Japanese charset Windows-31j also known as shift_jis.
- Corrected handling of "Q" encoding in the message header.
- Corrected Vacation message encoding to support internationalization.
- Corrected issue with image suppression where users were kicking back to the login screen.
- Corrected Firefox v3 issue with Group Contacts displaying incorrectly.
- from IMail Standard to v11 will no longer lose contacts and require renaming of the WorkgroupShare Database to recover.
- from v10 to v11 with a SQL WorkgroupShare Database (not Access DB) will now correctly display the contacts folder for new users.
- has been corrected and now runs automatically during for repairs and upgrades.
- now correctly hide's messages that are marked as deleted when using IMAP. Once a message is deleted and the message has been purged from the mailbox, it will be removed from the mobile device.
- Corrected the help for Forwarding Spam to CommTouch.
- Corrected the issue of BODxxx.tmp files being generated.