Scheduled Reports Library
Scheduled Reports Library (menu ) allows you to edit/manage Scheduled Reports.
. Change page layout, configure email destination, and adjust frequency.
. Delete a schedule report configuration from the library.
. Schedule/block the next report/log/data snapshot.
. Email the selected Scheduled Report entry.
Initiate a new Scheduled Report/Export from a WhatsUp Gold Dashboard, Report or Log view.
: Where specific graph, chart, and device settings are needed for scheduled reports, WhatsUp Gold enables you to persist these settings to ensure consistent scheduled report presentation (as well as the range and scope of data accessed) by way of additional WhatsUp Gold users. Please note, if you adjust the settings on the dashboard, report or log, you need to recreate the scheduled report in order for the new settings to be included. For instructions on how to create distinct users or groups for reports, see WhatsUp Gold Users and User Groups.
Schedule/edit an email report
- Define the following:
- . Name of the report you want to publish.
- . Time of day reporting period begins.
- Determine the frequency of the report:
- . Breakdown the report frequency in the order of days. (Every day, every other day.)
- . Breakdown the report frequency in the order of weeks or days of the week.
- . Apply the report frequency on a monthly schedule.
- . Apply the report frequency on a custom schedule. (Number of minutes, hours, days, months or years).
- Define the Export Options:
- . Select PDF, Excel (xml), CSV, or TXT.
- . Select page size. (PDF Only)
- . Select Portrait or Landscape. (PDF Only)
: Please note, reports exported to XML, CSV, or TXT format is unformatted raw data so the format can be customized to fit your reporting needs. Also note that reports exported to PDF format are limited to 2000 records.
- Configure the email details for the report.
- . Enter email addresses for the intended recipients. Email addresses should be separated by a comma.
- . Enter an email address for the report sender.
- . Enter a subject for the email message, if required.
- Configure the SMTP and email account details:
- . Enter the name of the mail server.
- . Change the port number, if required. The default value is 25.
- . Change the length of time (in seconds) to wait for a response from the SMTP server for each command Network Performance Monitor issues. If the limit is exceeded, the request will fail.
- . Select if the SMTP server requires authentication. If selected, enter a and for authentication purposes.
- . Select if your SMTP sever supports encrypting data over a TLS connection (formerly known as SSL).
- Click to confirm the connection information entered is valid and functions as expected.
- Click . The updated scheduled report can be viewed from the Scheduled Reports Library.