The Credentials Library stores SSH authentication data for devices in your WhatsUp Gold database to be used whenever authentication is needed to connect to and gather data from a device. Configure the following fields to create an SSH credential:
- . Enter a unique name for the credential. This name displays in the Credentials Library.
- . (Optional) Enter additional information about the credential. This information displays next to the credential in the Credentials Library.
- . Enter a username. This username is used to authenticate to the device.
- . Enter a password. This password is used with the above username to authenticate to the device.
- . Re-enter the authentication password for confirmation.
- . Enter the password that enables the router to go to privileged EXEC mode, enabling you to configure the router. If the username and password provided above provide the privilege needed to run the required commands, the enable/privilege password is not needed.
- . Re-enter the authentication privilege password for confirmation.
- . Enter the SSH port associated with the router. The default SSH port is 22.
- . Enter a timeout (in seconds) for the length of time the connection should be attempted. The default timeout is 10 seconds.