Applying System Tasks
WhatsUp Gold System Tasks Library ( menu ) includes built-in task types you either run or copy, refine, and run to perform common and recurring system administration tasks.
: Not all WhatsUp Gold System Tasks can be copied and modified.
System Tasks Library ships with the following task types:
- . Cleans the AlertCenterItems and AlertCenterLog tables.
- . Rolls application availability data.
- . Manages hourly roll-up of application instances, component instances, and group instances availability data.
- . Delete daily roll up data.
- . Sending telemetry data helps us improve our products and services.
- . Calls the SP which updates the devices in dynamic groups for the PivotDeviceToDynamicGroup table.
- . Performs a database backup of the NetFlow SQL database, which stores data for Network Traffic Analyzer.
- . Performs a database backup of the NFArchive SQL database, which stores archived data for Network Traffic Analyzer.
- . Performs a database backup of the Network Performance Monitor SQL database, which stores data for Network Performance Monitor and any plug-in product except for Network Traffic Analyzer.
- . Update device groups.
- . Clean expired data related to Action Manager.
- . Clean expired data and configurations.
- . Cleans various log tables.
- . Cleans all reports tables.
- . Clean up hourly raw data store used for reporting.
- . Clean up raw data store used for reporting.
- . WindowsSystemLog database maintenance.
- . Synchronizes WhatsVirtual database with the central device inventory.
: At this time, task pass and fail events are not logged in the Network Performance Monitor log reports. While errors are logged for all non-database backup tasks, they are not for database backup tasks.