Select Action and State
Associate an Action with the monitor.
- . Pull-down menu is populated by entries in the Actions Library.
- . For example, select state if you want to fire an action after transitioning to Maintenance Mode.
Select Up State Dependency
This option bundles Up and its transition state. For example, let's say you only want to fire if Up transitions to Down for at least 20 minutes —where Down would be the .
- . Select either:
- A state in the list to watch for following the Up state before this Action can be triggered. For example, trigger an Action notification when after holding an Up state later transitioning to Down at Least 20 min.
- No dependency on a preceding state.
Add Blackout Period
- . Schedule a blackout time for the action.
- . Useful when mission critical incidents occur. For example, let's say you define an action that sends a notification to the responsible team for state changes that must be resolved or require site or service admin intervention (Down events, for example)
- . Frequency to fire the action. For example, send an SMS or e-mail or log message.
: Repeating action stop if device goes from Down to Up or if you put the device into Maintenance mode.
You may also stop repeating actions manually:WhatsUp Gold Admin Console: click then select the action / repeating action you want to stop. click Selected Action.