The Credentials Library allows you to create a new Telnet credential type for use with WhatsUp Gold and the WhatsConfigured plug-in. Configure the following fields to create a Telnet credential:
- . Enter a unique name for the credential. This name displays in the Credentials Library.
- . (Optional) Enter additional information about the credential. This information displays next to the credential in the Credentials Library.
- . Enter a password. This password is used with the above username to authenticate to the device.
- . Re-enter the authentication password for confirmation.
- . Enter the password that enables the router to go to privileged EXEC mode, enabling you to configure the router. If the username and password provided above provide the privilege needed to run the required commands, the enable/privilege password is not needed.
- . Re-enter the authentication privilege password for confirmation.
- . Enter the Telnet port associated with the router. The default Telnet port is 23.
- . Enter a timeout (in seconds) for the length of time the connection should be attempted. The default timeout is 10 seconds.