NTA Sources Library
NTA Sources Library ( menu ) enables you to view and manage Netflow and NTA sources.
: If you are using WhatsUp Gold and Network Traffic Analysis for the first time, it is important to understand that if you have NetFlow sources already active on your network these sources will display in the NTA Sources Library table automatically. To begin receiving flow data on an active source, click and then enable it.
Understanding Column Data
Each source record in the NTA Source Library has the following fields:
- . Name of source device.
- . Indicates if flow or statistics are gathered from this device.
- . Flow protocol (if supported).
- . Credential types. You can add additional credentials using the WhatsUp Gold Credential Library.
- . Indicates if flow source is active. ("n/a" indicates not a configured flow source).
- . Flow packet rate.
- . Indicates if traffic totaling is active. Flow Sum denotes traffic totals are summed from NetFlow packets. Receiving indicates traffic totals are estimated (typical of sFlow).
- . Indicates if endpoint is polled for NBAR classification data (fetched by SNMP).
- . Indicates if NBAR is provided by the NetFlow protocol.
- . Indicates if ASN (Autonomous System Number) identification is provided by the current flow protocol.
- . Time of last information.
Click a column heading () to display the column selection listing . You can also include:
- . Device IP address.
- . Estimated reliability based on the volume and sampling rate.
- . Fraction of observed traffic data reported by source.