Local Access of Settings and Controls (WhatsUp Gold Console)
WhatsUp Gold console is a Windows application installed with WhatsUp Gold and is used for the configuration and management of specific WhatsUp Gold features and its databases. Following installation, you can launch WhatsUp Gold Console from the Windows Start menu. It provides access to the following menus and associated functionality:
- . Exit the console application.
- . Manage access to WhatsUp Gold with the following controls:
- Enable FIPS 140-2 mode which requires you to enter valid WhatsUp Gold user credentials to access the console application. For more information, see About operating WhatsUp Gold in FIPS 140-2 mode.
- Configure new and edit existing device states available for use and reported by WhatsUp Gold.
- Configure settings for Remote/Central Site installations when using WhatsUp Gold Distributed Edition.
- Create, Edit, Copy, or Delete device types.
- Test configured actions and recurring actions.
- Reset passwords for web user accounts.
- . Perform the following WhatsUp Gold administrative functions:
- Launch the VoIP Configuration Utility used to configure IP SLA devices to monitor VoIP performance.
- Launch the Failover Console used to configure settings specific to services switchover from the primary to the secondary site when a failure occurs (if enabled).
- Launch the Running Actions dialog where you can view the status of actions as they are fired and cancel actions currently in use.
- Access Database Utilities used for WhatsUp Gold-specific SQL backup and restore operations.
- Access File Transfer Settings used to configure file transfer settings applicable to WhatsUp Gold configuration management.
- Launch the Trap Definition Import tool used to import SNMP trap definitions into the WhatsUp Gold Passive Monitor Library.
- . Access both local and online help documentation and launch the About dialog to view product serial number and current licensing information.
- . Modify the assigned device type of multiple selected devices simultaneously.
: For instructions how to find and use the Roles and Subroles Library (known in earlier versions as Device Roles Settings), see the topic titled Managing WhatsUp Gold Device Role Classification.