Discover Standalone VMware Hosts
For this scenario, your Credentials Library () must include the WhatsUp Gold VMware credential for the VMware host you want to discover.
Discover and add monitoring to stand-alone ESX/ESXi hosts
- From the IP Address Scan window ), input the IP address of one or more VMware ESX or ESXi hosts. (You can unselect the Gateway IP and Local Subnet checkboxes.)
- In the tab of the IP Address Scan window, click the checkbox in scan to any virtualization environments.
- In the tab of the IP Address Scan window, include the appropriate VMware credential(s) in your network scan. (Including the VMware credential to the hypervisor enables WhatsUp Gold to identify the device as a virtual host and query it for virtual machine information).
Network nodes (discovered devices) display on Discovery Map and the discovery scan completes.
- Select each discovered hypervisor and virtual machine and click the button to add them to My Network Map with default monitors.
Lines of association show relationship between hosts and virtual machines.
- After a few minutes, check the virtual monitoring dashboard ( ) to see data gathered from monitors of newly discovered virtual devices.