Emailing Reports and Logs
You can email dashboard reports, full reports, and logs as email attachments from the Dashboard Menu. After you schedule a data export/e-mail distribution, you can manage/edit it by way of the Scheduled Reports Library.
To email a report or log:
- Open the report, log, or dashboard that contains the report(s) you want to email, then open Schedule Report.
- Logs. Click on Export menu () and select .
- Dashboard/Reports. Click on Dashboard Options menu () and select .
- Configure the following:
- . Enter a name for the schedule. You can manage the scheduled report from the Scheduled Reports Library.
- . Enter the time of day you want the scheduled report to run.
- . Use the controls provided to indicate how often the scheduled report should run.
- . Select HTML, Excel (XML), CSV, or TXT.
- . Enter email address for the intended recipient.
- . Enter an email address for the report sender.
- . Enter a subject for the email message, if required.
- . Enter the name of the mail server.
- . Change the port number, if required.
- . Change the length of time (in seconds) to wait for a response from the SMTP server for each command WhatsUp Gold issues. If the limit is exceeded, the request will fail.
- . Select if the SMTP server requires authentication. If selected, enter a and for authentication purposes.
- . Select if your SMTP sever supports encrypting data over a TLS connection (formerly known as SSL).
- Click . The schedule is set and can be viewed from the Scheduled Reports Library.
: Click to immediately send an email to the specified recipient in order to validate your server settings.