How to monitor billing and usage using the AWS Cloudwatch Performance Monitor
To configure the AWS Cloudwatch Performance monitor to specifically track Amazon billing:
- Enter a unique name for the monitor. This name displays in the Performance Monitor Library.
- Enter additional information for the monitor in the Description field.
- Click to begin selecting specific metrics to monitor.
- Select your AWS credentials from the drop-down menu, then click .
- Select your geographic .
- Select Billing as the .
- Select Estimated Charges as the .
- Select the that best fits your billing monitor requirements.
- Choose an instance set from the list of under Choose Instance. Individual instances in the specified set from which to select for monitoring appear below.
- Select an to monitor. Once loaded, you can click to preview available instance data.
- Click to return to the performance monitor configuration dialog.
- Click .