Using Favorites in WhatsUp Gold
WhatsUp Gold now gives users the ability to "bookmark" specific areas of the application to provide quick and easy access to the features they use most.
- Click the star icon () displayed in the upper right corner of any applicable view within WhatsUp Gold. This launches the Add To Favorites dialog. Enter a display name for the item (or simply use the default provided), then click . This view is now displayed within and directly accessible from your list of favorites. You can also click any filled star icon () to quickly remove the current view from your list of favorites.
- Click from the main menu to access the list of the views you've saved. From here, you also have the option of selecting which launches the Favorites dialog. Here is where you can edit () display names or remove () views from your list entirely.
The following can be added as favorites in WhatsUp Gold:
- . Adding a dashboard retains its current state (i.e., the view displayed when added as a favorite), applied filters, and columns enabled for display, including their order, width, and sorting.
- . Adding an expanded or full-page report retains its applied filters, report settings, and view states (e.g., displaying the report as a grid or chart).
- . Adding the My Network or Discovered Network map retains its applied filters, device groups, and overlays, as well as its Auto/Custom layout and split device list settings.
- . Adding the My Network or Discovered Network list retains its applied filters, device groups, and overlays.
: Device groups are not used by the Discovered Network map or device list and are only retained when adding the My Network map or device list view as a favorite.
- . Adding device properties retains its filter for the selected device and its current view state (i.e., the tab displayed when added as a favorite).
- . Adding a library or applicable settings interface retains its current view name and view state.