Creating Actions and Action Policies
Access the Actions and Policies interface by selecting from the main menu at the top of the WhatsUp Gold user interface. First, create individual actions on the Actions tab. Then, build action policies using one or more of the actions you've created on the Action Policies tab.
To create an action:
- Ensure the tab is selected, then click the Add icon to launch the Select Action Type dialog.
- Choose the type of action you'd like to create from the list provided, then click .
- Configure the action as needed.
: The information needed to and additional procedure steps required for configuring the action depend upon the action type selected. Please see Built-in Action Types as well as the topics specific to configuring individual action types for additional information.
To create an action policy:
- Ensure the tab is selected, then click the Add icon to launch the Action Policy Builder dialog.
- Enter a name for your action policy in the entry field provided. When your action policy is built and saved, this name will be used to identify the action policy in the Actions and Policies interface.
- Click the Add icon to launch the Edit Policy Rule dialog, then configure the following:
- . Use the drop-down menu provided to choose an individual action to add to your action policy.
- . Use the drop-down menu provided to choose the state change which will trigger the action.
- . Use the drop-down menu provided to choose the state which must be reached before the action is triggered. Please note, this setting is only available when is set to or .
- . Click the Add icon, use the controls provided to set a , , and , as well as select of the week, then click to prevent WhatUp Gold from triggering the individual action within defined day and time constraints.
- . Select this checkbox to trigger the individual action again a the specified time interval. Actions can be configured to repeat every number of , , , , or .
- Click to return to the Action Policy Builder dialog.
- Repeat the previous steps as many times as needed to create the individual rules to build your complete action policy.
- When all of your policy rules are defined and displayed in the Action Policy Builder dialog, click to save your action policy and return to the Actions and Policies interface.