Setting Sharing and Security Permissions in Windows Server
To set sharing and security permissions:
- Click on the right-click menu of the share folder on the Windows server. The Properties window opens.
- On the tab, click . The Advanced Sharing window opens.
- Select and click . The Permissions for share window opens.
- Click . The Select Users, Computers, or Groups window appears.
- Click . The Object Types window opens.
- Select , , and and click .
- Set Locations to the root of the domain directory.
- Enter the user account to the Windows share in the field. You can separate object names with semicolons (;).
- Enter the computer name for each node in the field. This gives permission to the System account for each node.
Computer names must be entered in the
- Enter the Administrators group if it's not already added.
- Click to verify the name of each object.
- Click . The Select Users, Computers, or Groups window closes.
- Allow Change and Read permissions for each object and click . The Permissions for share window closes.
- Click . The Advanced Sharing window closes.
- Click to share the folder. The Properties window closes.
Both Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 automatically set complementary security permissions for accounts that have share permissions. There is no need to independently configure security permissions.