WS_FTP Server product family
The WS_FTP Server product family provides a broad range of file transfer functionality, from fast file transfer via the FTP protocol to secure transfer over SSH, to a complete file transfer (server/client) solutions.
Following are some of the WS_FTP Server features available, dependent upon the product package:
- Fast transfer via the FTP protocol with the ability to encrypt transfers via SSL
- FIPS 140-2 validated encryption of files to support standards required by the United States and Canadian governments
- Operates standalone or is easily integrated with existing user databases (Active Directory, Windows NT, ODBC)
- WS_FTP Server Manager provides web-based administration from the local machine and also allows remote management of the server. The Server Manager can use our integrated web server or Microsoft IIS.
- WS_FTP Client provides retry on failed transfers, performs file integrity checks, verifies user's identity, and speed transfers by using compression and multi-part transfers.
- Tiered architecture allows components and data to be maintained on one computer or distributed among several, allowing the configuration to scale to handle larger capacity.
- Ability to send and receive files over SSH, which automatically delivers encrypted communications during and throughout file transport.
- Deployment options for an active-passive failover configuration to ensure file transfer service is always available. The failover configurations use shared resources for the user database, configuration data, and the file system for user directories and log data.
- Support for SCP2 to provide a secure version of the remote copy capability used in UNIX applications
- LDAP support for authentication to leverage existing corporate databases
- WS_FTP Server Web Transfer Module to provide a complete file transfer solution (server and client).
- Deployment in an active-passive failover configuration to ensure file transfer service is always available. The failover configurations use shared resources for the user database, configuration data, and the file system for user directories and log data.
WS_FTP Server Web Transfer Module: The WS_FTP Server Web Transfer Module enables users to transfer files between their computers and company servers over HTTP/S using a Web browser. As a result, employees and external business partners can connect to company networks simply and securely to share files, data, and other critical business information. WS_FTP Server Web Transfer Client is an IIS web application that installs on the WS_FTP Server computer to communicate with the WS_FTP Server database and FTP file system.
WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer Module: The WS_FTP Server Ad Hoc Transfer Module lets users send files from their computers to one or more individuals by sending an Ad Hoc Transfer message via email. Recipients of an Ad Hoc Transfer package can connect to a download page, hosted on the WS_FTP Server, and download the files that have been sent to them. This module lets your users send a secure transfer to colleagues and clients, without the need to set up temporary accounts. Users can send a package by using the Ad Hoc Transfer web interface or Microsoft Outlook. Ad Hoc Transfer Module is an IIS web application that communicates with the WS_FTP Server database and Ad Hoc file system.