Traditional Install on a Single Computer
To install WS_FTP Server on a single computer:
- Open the installer. If you have an installation CD, insert it into a drive. If the Welcome screen does not appear, select , and enter the drive path followed by launch.exe.
- OR -
If you downloaded the software from our website, double-click the executable (.exe) file to begin the installation.
- : Select an installation method:
- : A System Check is performed to confirm that you have Administrator privileges and that the following are installed on your system:
- Windows Scripting Host version 5.6 or higher
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) version 1.5 or higher
- Windows Installer version 2.0 or higher
If any system checks fails, remedy the situation and then click .
- : Enter a License activation key and click . If the activation does not complete successfully, you may be behind a proxy or firewall that is blocking the activation request. In this case, or if you are not connected to the internet, you can activate WS_FTP Server by selecting one of the following:
- : Locate and select the license file on your system and click .
- : Click Activate Offline. Follow the instructions on-screen to activate the offline activation file.
Your license activation key determines the WS_FTP Server modules available for install on the next screen. For more help and information about licensing, go to the MyIpswitch (www.myipswitch.com) licensing portal.
- Depending on the type of installation you selected on the Welcome screen, go to Standard Installation or Advanced Installation.