Activating WS_FTP Server for new or upgraded licenses
There are four ways you can make a WS_FTP Server installation active:
- If you installed WS_FTP Server using an installation application downloaded from a link in a purchase confirmation email, then the program will be fully functional immediately after installation. No further action will need to be taken.
- If you downloaded the installation application from another source, when you run the installation, it will automatically ask you for your license serial number and attempt to activate.
- If the WS_FTP Server license is not activated during installation, or if you are upgrading from a previous WS_FTP Server version, you can manually activate WS_FTP Server (see below).
- If for some reason you cannot activate your license via Internet connection, you can opt for an offline activation. To force offline activation, on the Activation screen, clear the check mark for . You will then need to go to www.myipswitch.com, click , and follow the instructions displayed.
- You can manually activate the license on an existing installation. Before you start the manual activation process, make sure that you have your product serial number, MyIpswitch account name, and password available for use during activation. To manually activate the license on an existing installation:
- or -
- If you run the WS_FTP Server installation, near the end, it will display a License dialog. Enter your serial number and click to start the license activation process.
Follow the on-screen instructions, entering your product serial number, MyIpswitch account name, and password. When the activation is complete, a confirmation page indicates the license has been activated. If the activation does not complete successfully, you may be behind a proxy or firewall that is blocking the activation request. In this case, click the Offline button, then follow the onscreen instructions.
For more help and information about licensing, go to the MyIpswitch (www.myipswitch.com) licensing portal.