Importing an SSL certificate
If you have an SSL certificate from a certificate authority or from another application, WS_FTP Server can import it and use it for SSL connections to a listener.
To import an SSL certificate and apply it to a listener:
- From the top menu, select . The Listeners page opens.
- Click the of the listener you want to open. The Edit Listener page opens.
: Since SSL can be configured only on FTP listeners, make sure that you select a listener that displays FTP in the Server type column.
- Under , click . The Listener Encryption Settings page opens.
- Next to , click . The Select SSL Certificate page opens.
- Click . The Import SSL Certificate page opens.
- Enter the appropriate information for each of the fields.
- . Enter a name for your certificate. This name is for your reference and is never displayed to users.
- . Enter the full path and file name of a certificate file on your computer, or click .
- . Enter the full path and file name of a key file on your computer, or click .
- . Enter the passphrase needed to decrypt this certificate.
- Click . The Select SSL Certificate page reopens with the imported certificate included in the list.
- Select the certificate you just created, then click . The Listener Encryption Settings page opens again, with the SSL certificate you imported displayed inbox.
- Click .