Understanding SSH terminology
- and . RSA and DSA are two of the encryption algorithms that can be used to generate keys. Ipswitch WS_FTP Server supports both types of keys.
- . The host key is the key that the server presents to the client to prove its identity.
- . The user key is the key that the client presents to the server to prove its identity.
- Message Authentication Code is a secret code agreed upon by the client and the server during SSH negotiations. The MAC is used to verify the integrity of packets sent between the two.
- . Ciphers are cryptographic algorithms used to encrypt SSH connections.