Changing the default host
The default host is used to determine which host to use when a user attempts to authenticate to a host or to the WS_FTP Server Manager. If the username entered exists on the default host and the password entered is correct, the user can authenticate without specifying the host separator and the host name.
There are two types of default hosts: the default host for the WS_FTP Server Manager and the default host for listeners.
To change the default host for the WS_FTP Server Manager:
- From the top menu, select . The System Details page opens.
- In , select the name of the host you want to serve as the default host for the WS_FTP Server Manager.
- Click .
To change the default host for a listener:
- From the top menu, select . The Listeners page opens.
- Click the of the listener you want to open. The Edit Listener page opens.
- In the list, select the checkbox next to the host name of the host you want to use as the current listener's default host. If only one host exists in the list, it is already the default.
- Click . The select host is made the default host for the current listener.
- Click .