Configuring log settings
You can set WS_FTP Server to write events (such as connections, transfers and errors) to the log server.
To set the logging options:
- From the top menu, select . The Log Settings page opens.
- Specify the level of detail the server provides to the log server in .
- . No data is captured or supplied to the log server.
- . Only events that register as errors are logged.
- (selected by default). In addition to errors, the following events are logged:
- Uploading, downloading, deleting and renaming a file
- Removing and creating a folder
- User authentications
- User issues a SITE command
- .In addition to everything logged in Normal, the following events are logged:
- Select the types of log servers you want to write log entries to. You can enable the WS_FTP Server log server or a standard syslog server. For each enabled log server, enter the connections information for that server. If you are using the log server that was installed with WS_FTP Server, use the default selections.
- . Enter the host name or IP address of the log server.
- . Enter the port over which the connection to the log server should be made.
- Click .
: If a user is logged into the WS_FTP Server Manager or the FTP or SSH server when a change to the log settings is made, the change does not affect the user until the user logs out and logs in again.