To use the WS_FTP Server with a single host, the host uses the network host name and IP address of the computer on which you are installing the program.
For each host you add, consider the following:
- To create user accounts, choose whether you will create your own user database or use user accounts from an existing Windows NT or external (ODBC) database. For more information, see Configuring an external user database.
- By default, each user on the host will have a folder (with the same name as their username) for uploading and downloading files and folders.
- You can set an option to determine where the user is placed in the file system when they log on: either in their own folder or in the top folder of the host. For more information, see Configuring user settings.
- You can choose to provide anonymous access to the host. If you provide anonymous access, any user can log on to the host using a user account that belongs to the Anonymous group and an email address as the password. For more information, see Enabling anonymous access.
- When a user logs on anonymously, they are placed in the top directory of the host. Anonymous users can access any folders for which you have granted permissions to anonymous.
- You can delete all old files and empty sub-folders on a host automatically after a specified number of days.
- You can delete all expired users from a host automatically after a specified number of days.