New in v12.3
New in all editions
- Introduced WhatsUp Gold NetFlow Monitor plug-in.
- Introduced WhatsUp Gold VoIP Monitor plug-in.
- Added support for plug-in architecture.
For information on available plug-ins and to see release notes for each plug-in, see WhatsUp Gold plug-ins documentation.
New in all editions in v12
- Added support for high capacity SNMP interface counters through the Interface Performance Monitor.
- Added support for NetSNMP agents for UNIX CPU utilization.
- Added configurable interface name for SNMP interfaces.
- Included select Cisco MIBs for use in WhatsUp Gold.
- Added the SNMP MIB Walker network tool which allows you to browse for SNMP objects on a device.
- Added the SNMP MIB File Explorer network tool which allows you to browse for SNMP objects in defined MIB files.
- Added the MIB Manager for the import and validation of MIB files.
- Improved SNMP API to support enhanced scripting capabilities with the Script Action and Active Script Monitor.
- Added encryption and SMTP authentication to the Email Active Monitor.
- Added support for SMTP authentication for email actions.
- Extended Short Message Service (SMS) support for SMS Direct.
- Implemented drag-and-drop device, group, and map management on the web interface.
- Changed from MSDE 2000 database to the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express database.
- Added support for Passive Monitors to use device credentials in the Credentials Library.
- Added support for Windows Vista.
- Updated the Web User Interface.
- Added new licensing technology.
New in v12 in WhatsUp Gold Premium, Distributed, and MSP Editions
- Added quick access to real-time data via InstantInfo popups.
- Added Split Second Graphs that provide real-time graphical data in performance workspace and full reports, the Web Task Manager, and the Web Performance Monitor.
- Added the Web Performance Monitor network tool.
- Added the Web Task Manager network tool.
- Added the Dashboard Screen Manager application.