Release Notes for Ipswitch WorkgroupShare v2.2
In this File
WorkgroupShare incorporates the capability to share Outlook data, such as calendars, tasks, contacts, distribution lists, notes, and email among ICS Standard and IMail Premium users. In addition to sharing users' personal folders with other users, WorkgroupShare lets you define public shared folders such as shared contact lists and holiday calendars with other users.
: The WorkgroupShare 2.2 server is compatible with all 2.x clients. However, it is strongly recommended that you update your clients to 2.2, at your earliest convenience, in order to get the full benefits of improvements made to the 2.2 server and client.
: The WorkgroupShare 2.2 server will not synchronize with WorkgroupShare 1.x clients. If you are upgrading from WorkgroupShare version 1 then the clients must also be upgraded before synchronization will resume.
- WorkgroupShare help files have been updated to use the new HTML Help file format.
- The WorkgroupShare Administrator no longer crashes on exit. This was an occasional occurrence.
- Some items could not be uploaded to a SQL server database, giving an error. This was because the name field was restricted to a text field with 255 chracters. This has now been extended in Setup for new and existing installations.
- WorkgroupShare no longer loses the ability to accept client connections over time.
- When adding a new user the wizard no longer prompts to give other users access to the new user object. This generally made shared folders 'over' accessible, overriding other folder level permissions. User level access can still be set once the user account has been created.
- Outlook no longer freezes at the end of synchronization. This was an occasional occurrence.
- Appointments created with a start date of 01/01/1971 00:00 are now created correctly. This fixes a problem where blank calendar entries were being repeatedly created because such items could not be created correctly.
- A bug has been fixed whereby recurring appointments viewed in a different time zone could be displayed at the wrong time.
- When the WorkgroupShare client fails to add a synchronized item to the PST file it now removes the item so that it can be re-synchronized later. This was typically seen as an accumulation of blank appointments in the Calendar.
- An Outlook crash reported by the user clicking 'Inform Microsoft' has been fixed. (Ref WINQUAL Event ID: 381445501).
- An Outlook crash reported by the user clicking 'Inform Microsoft' has been fixed. (Ref WINQUAL EventID: 375836646 ).
- Blank note items no longer accumulate in a folder when synchronization fails with the client error 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again'.Generally this problem could occur in Calendar or mail folders where the recipients fields could exceed the maximum allowed size.
- When unable to connect to the server the client connection details dialogue box now asks that you select a new user account from a list. This simplifies the process of changing a password authenticated account to use Active Directory authentication.
- Outlook no longer fails to start, reporting that MSVCP71.dll could not be found.
- A potential server crash introduced in the beta 1 release has now been fixed. In this instance the server would fail to run as a Windows service.
- A bug has been fixed where multiple 'unauthorized access' messages would be reported in Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista, before Outlook would eventually crash.
- Outlook no longer becomes unresponsive when the WorkgroupShare client has been given access to a large number of folders.
- When setting up WorkgroupShare to use SQL Server or SQL Server Express, the field where the instance name must be entered is no longer limited to 21 characters.
- Setup has been improved to detect instances of SQL server on the local Computer and the network. The user can now select or enter the instance of SQL Server to be used
- Setup has been improved to provide better migration from a Jet database to a SQL Server database. This uses a unified procedure, common across all Softalk Collaboration Suite products.
- Client setup now offers to start Outlook once the setup has been successfully completed.
- For a WorkgroupShare server that is not on a domain, remote client setup now gives a message that encourages the administrator to install clients manually.
- Client setup no longer indicates a failure with the error 'mfc42u.dll is in use'.
- Client setup no longer crashes at the very end of the client installation on Windows Vista.
- Client no longer creates a trace log file called VerboseLog.log in the client data folder.
- Free Busy times for exceptions to recurring appointments are no longer reported incorrectly by one hour.
- An Outlook crash that occurred when synchronizing a calendar has been fixed. The crash happened when uploading a specific appointment.
- The WorkgroupShare installation is included as either part of the IMail Premium installation. Refer to the IMail release notes for more information.
- If you are upgrading from IMail Standard to IMail Premium or if you did not install WorkgroupShare when you originally installed IMail Premium, a backup of the WorkgroupShare.mdb file (located in C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\Collaboration Suite) is saved and renamed WorkgroupShare.old.mdb in C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\Collaboration Suite\WorkgroupShare\Data.
- To save your existing contacts used in Ipswitch Web Messaging or Microsoft Outlook, after you install WorkgroupShare, import the contact data saved in the C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\Collaboration Suite\WorkgroupShare\Data\WorkgroupShare.old.mdb file into the WorkgroupShare.mdb file located in C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\Collaboration Suite\WorkgroupShare\Data.
WorkgroupShare is included as part of the IMail Premium or ICS Standard installation. You must remove IMail Premium or ICS Standard to remove WorkgroupShare.
1. Open the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Windows Control Panel.
2. Select the ICS or IMail edition you want to uninstall.
Note: Removing IMail Server using the Add/Remove Programs applet does not delete the IMail directory or the subdirectories and files it contains. To remove these, you must delete them manually.
For More Information
You can download User Guides and view other information at the IMail Support Center at http://www.ipswitch.com/support/IMail/index.asp
The software described in this document is furnished under a license and may be used or copied only in accordance with the terms of that license.
Copyright © 1995-2008 by Ipswitch, Inc. All rights reserved. IMail, the IMail logo, WhatsUp, the WhatsUp logo, WS_FTP, the WS_FTP logos, Ipswitch Collaboration Suite, Ipswitch Collaboration logo, Ipswitch Instant Messaging, and the Ipswitch Instant Messaging logo, Ipswitch, and the Ipswitch logo are trademarks of Ipswitch, Inc. Other products or company names are or may be trademarks or registered trademarks and are the property of their respective companies.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, photocopied, stored on a retrieval system, or transferred without the expressed prior written consent of Ipswitch, Inc.