Active monitors enable you to simulate user events and:
- Actively poll specific metrics such as MIB values or other sorts of instrumentation.
- Test and measure service and application availability and latency.
- Apply queries.
- Exercise APIs.
You can test any active monitor directly from the Monitors Library to ensure it is configured properly.
To test an active monitor
- Access the Monitors Library, then select the active monitor you want to test.
- Click at the top of the Monitors Library interface.
- Select the device on which you want to test the active monitor.
- Select the network interface to use for communication with the test device.
- If applicable, select appropriate credentials required to successfully test the active monitor. Please note, if you do not have any credentials configured with which to test the selected active monitor, you can access the Credentials Library directly from the Test dialog and create a new set.
- Click the button. The results of the test are presented within the Test dialog.
- Click .
Chassis, Hardware, and Wireless
Network Management and Instrumentation
File System and Storage