Windows Event Log Action
The Windows Event Log action allows you to configure log messages to post to the Windows Event Viewer.
Configure the following:
- . Enter a unique name for the action. This name displays in the Actions Library.
- . Enter a short description about the action. This description displays next to the action in the Actions Library.
- . The origin of messages logged to the Windows Event Viewer. The default source is the Ipswitch WhatsUp Log Action.
- . Enter an event ID for the messages that are logged to the Windows Event Viewer. The default event ID is 1000, the WhatsUp engine event ID.
- . Select a level for messages logged to the Windows Event Viewer. You can select Error, Warning, or Information. The default level is Error.
- . Enter a log message that displays in the Windows Event Viewer. This message supports percent variables. The default log message is:
%Device.ActiveMonitorDownNames is %Device.State on %Device.Type: %Device.HostName (%Device.Address).
Monitors that are down include: %Device.ActiveMonitorDownNames
Monitors that are up include: %Device.ActiveMonitorUpNames
Notes on this device (from device property page):
This message was logged on %System.Date at %System.Time
Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold
: Right-click in the box to select the percent variables you would like to use in the action.
- . Click to save your changes.