Emailing Reports and Logs
You can email dashboard reports, full reports, and logs as email attachments from the Dashboard Menu. After you schedule a data export/e-mail distribution, you can manage/edit it by way of the Scheduled Reports Library.
To email a report or log:
- Open the report, log, or dashboard that contains the report(s) you want to email, then open Schedule Report.
- Logs. Click on Export menu () and select .
- Dashboard/Reports. Click on Dashboard Options menu () and select .
- Configure the following:
- . Select PDF, Excel (xml), CSV, or TXT.
- . Select page size. (PDF Only)
- . Select Portrait or Landscape. (PDF Only)
- Click .
- Configure the email details for the report.
- . Enter email addresses for the intended recipients. Email addresses should be separated by a comma.
- . Enter an email address for the report sender.
- . Enter a subject for the email message, if required.
- . Enter body text for the email message, if required.
- . Enter a different URL to display to the end user in the email, if required. This is used in conjunction with the option. Using an alternate host is a useful option if users outside of your network need to access the server using a different URL than the default web address of the WhatsUp Gold server.
- . Select if you want to display a screen capture of the report embedded in the email, in addition to the report file attachment.
- . Select if you want to receive a direct link to the report.
- . Enter the name of the mail server.
- . Change the port number, if required.
- . Change the length of time (in seconds) to wait for a response from the SMTP server for each command WhatsUp Gold issues. If the limit is exceeded, the request will fail.
- . Select if the SMTP server requires authentication. If selected, enter a and for authentication purposes.
- . Select if your SMTP sever supports encrypting data over a TLS connection (formerly known as SSL).
- Click .
- Configure the schedule details for the report.
- . Select if you want to set up a specific time frame to send the email.
- . Enter a name for the schedule. You can manage the scheduled report from the Scheduled Reports Library.
- . Select this option if you want to email the report on a specific number of days or every day of the week.
- . Select this option if you want to email the report on specific days of the week or once a week.
- . Select this option if you want to email the report on a specific day of the week or a specific number of times during a month.
- . Select this option if you want to email the report during a specific time frame. For example, number of minutes, hours, days, months or years.
- Click .
- Review the email report summary and click where applicable to make any necessary changes.
- Click . The schedule is set and can be viewed from the Scheduled Reports Library.