Navigating the WhatsUp Gold User Interface
The top of the interface contains a navigation menu divided into four areas categorized by highest level network monitoring work flow. In other words, the navigation menu is designed so you can easily select what you would like to do with WhatsUp Gold.
- . Initiate a discovery scan or view a map/table of devices seen by WhatsUp Gold during a previous discovery scan.
- . Scroll a device list or visualize connectivity and status information at a glance, create custom map layouts, and use the map or device grid to drill down on device details and open status reports.
- . Access built-in and custom dashboards, drag in aggregated report and log data, which is historic or the latest polled. Schedule reports, configure reports with focused map views.
- . Configure WhatsUp Gold to customize your network monitoring environment.
Additionally, from the top of the interface, you can:
- Perform a global search of WhatsUp Gold. (Keyword search for libraries, devices, reports, logs, flow sources, and help topics.)
- Manage active web alarms.
- Initiate an upgrade to the latest version of WhatsUp Gold (if available).
- Access user settings.
- Access WhatsUp Gold help, support, knowledge base, and license information, a guided welcome tour, and much more.
These top level navigation controls persist regardless of what areas of WhatsUp Gold you access or what actions you perform.