Working with Application Profiles
Access the application monitoring configuration interface by selecting . This interface allows you to create new application profiles as well as import profiles from your local machine. Additionally, for existing application profiles, you can also:
- Add application instances.
- Define application attributes.
- Make configuration changes.
- Export application profiles to an .xml file.
- Copy application profiles.
- Delete application profiles.
Please note, to perform these functions, you must have the Configure APM Application Profiles user right enabled.
To add a new application profile:
- Select any application profile type displayed in the navigation tree, then click . The Configure New Application Profile page appears.
- Configure the following:
- Enter a ,,and for the application.
- Select the application type from the list. The application type selected in the navigation tree is populated by default.
- Select any to apply to the profile if desired.
- Select a configured action policy using the list to apply to the profile, if desired.
- Click the Browse button () and use the dialog displaying the device tree that appears to select a test device for the profile.
- Specify the maximum duration in seconds before the test will time out in the field.
- Click .
In addition to these basic profile configuration elements, you can also use the controls on the Components grid on this page to:
- Add components to or remove components from the profile.
- Create critical component groups.
- Create copies of components within the profile.
- Test any or all components within the profile.
- Modify the polling frequency for one or more components within the profile.
For more information, see Working with Components and Component Groups.