WhatsUp Gold combines a powerful centralized logging feature ( menu ), which includes:
- Aggregation of platform, system, and IoT logs (for example, Windows Event, VMware Event, Syslog, and so on).
- WhatsUp Gold component logs. (Poller, Alert Center, Action, Discovery Scan, Scheduled Actions and so on).
- Combining logs and related reports in dashboard views for 360-degree perspective needed for daily operations, timely troubleshooting, and root cause attribution.
- Collaboration with other WhatsUp Gold users, stakeholders, and third-party applications using powerful scheduled export/reports features.
WhatsUp Gold log messages for WhatsUp Gold services, monitored devices, and aggregated views of remote device system logs. The broad categories of logging provided are:
WhatsUp Gold System Executable and Application Logs
Managed Device Platform Logs
Control and Management of Runtime and Startup Configurations
Fetch log records:
- Choose one or more host devices you want to see About Logs measurements for.
- Choose time constraints for the About Logs records. For the most recent entries, select "Last Polled" from the time period drop down list.
Work with log data:
- Understand log record columns.
- Reduce log records and log record attributes, keyword search, wildcards, and filters.
- Use Business Hours scheduling (when applicable) to choose the period of log messages reported.
Email, print, and export: