The Systems Settings menu provides access to a number of configuration options you can use to customize specific areas within your WhatsUp Gold setup.
- . Specify how long Alert Center should keep both log and item data.
- . Specify the maximum number of email notifications generated by Alert Center for both new and existing alarmed items.
- . Configure email account and SMTP server settings to be used by WhatsUp Gold when generating notifications.
- . Configure WhatsUp Gold user authentication using existing Active Directory/Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) or Cisco ACS settings.
- . Enable individual WhatsUp Gold features and functionality, specify data rollup timeframes for monitors, and configure the application to launch either online or local help files, as well as passwords required for using JMX monitors and application components.
: The General Settings dialog includes the feature which when enabled allows you to manually include login credentials within the WhatsUp Gold URL for the purposes of sharing your network monitoring environment with non-users. Please be aware that enabling could introduce a potential security risk to WhatsUp Gold and your network environment. Ipswitch does NOT recommend enabling this feature unless absolutely necessary.
Example Auto-Login URL:
: When using the Auto-Login feature, unencrypted usernames and passwords in the URL cannot contain special characters.
- . Configure behavior applicable to SNMP traps, Syslog settings, and Windows event log settings.
- . Manage configuration settings applicable to poller applications installed on remote devices.
- . Validate MIB files imported into or existing in WhatsUp Gold.