Top Endpoints reveals top endpoint devices with the greatest traffic volumes for the selected interval.
: The same bytes can be counted twice where a byte total is noted arriving from a sender and the same bytes are counted when relayed to the receiver.
- . Name of the source or destination endpoint device.
- . Field composed of top combined with and identifiers included.
- . Traffic volume received from the endpoint.
- . Total bytes transmitted to the endpoint.
- . Combined (incoming/outgoing) number of bytes transferred. (Use Report Settings option to rank the list by packet or flow count, not bytes.) Red () indicates fraction received. Blue () indicates fraction sent. (Mouse hover to display in/out summary.)
- . Average bit rate, in total bits per second (bps).
- . Percentage of the total traffic.
To display Flow and Packet measurements, click a column heading () for column selection list (). You can also include:
- . Endpoint's IP address.
- . Endpoint's hostname.
- . Top endpoint's previous hostnames.
- . Endpoint's domain.
- . Top endpoint city.
- . Subdivision for the endpoint's city.
- . Country for the endpoint's city.
- . Degrees latitude associated with the endpoint's city.
- . Degrees longitude associated with the endpoint's city.
- . Flows received from the Flow Sources (switch or router NetFlow observation points).
: To show reports in full screen with most if not all possible columns, click on report options ( ) menu and choose ().
Generate a report
. , Choose a networking device or single physical or virtual interface you want to see Top Endpoints measurements for. Choose traffic direction across an interface.
. Choose times for the Top Endpoints. (Subject to NTA collection interval and retention policies.)
. Choose and hide columns, reorder columns, and apply advanced filters to customize your data view.
. Fine tune report presentation and range of values displayed using the Report Settings dialog (optional).
Export report data
Report data can be exported from WhatsUp Gold, reused, and distributed in multiple formats. Select () from the Dashboard Options () menu. After the report has been expanded, select the Export Data icon to access the following options:
- . Generate and download a .htm file presenting your report data as it appears in the WhatsUp Gold user interface.
- . Generate and download a .xml spreadsheet containing your report data.
- .Generate and download a .csv file containing your report data.
- Generate and download a .txt file containing your report data.
- . Set a recurring date and time, format, and email destination for report data export.
: Current report data file format options are only applicable to export schedules created using WhatsUp Gold version 2021 and later. Any report data export schedule created using an earlier version of WhatsUp Gold will still result in a .PDF output until that schedule is removed from, then recreated in the Scheduled Reports Library using the latest version of WhatsUp Gold.