Use this page to create a file "package," compose a message and add the files that you want to send, and send it. For an introduction to this application, see What is Ad Hoc Transfer?
- First, enter the intended recipients, a subject, and optionally a note.
- . This is your email address, as set in your WS_FTP server account. If your email address is not shown here, you need to enter it. Contact your Administrator to have this set in your WS_FTP Server user account.
- . This is the field for recipients’ email addresses. You can enter multiple addresses, separated by a comma.
- . This is the subject heading appearing in the email. It is also used to identify the package in the list of active packages.
- . This is a note that appears in the recipient's email message along with the link to the Download Files page, where the recipient can view and download files.
- Next, you add the files that you want to send. To add a file, click to locate and select a file. The file is added to the box. You can add more files in the same way, up to the limit of the available file boxes.
To display an additional file box, click .
Each file package (note plus files) you create will use the default Send options, unless you override a default setting by setting it in the or on this page.
- Optionally, click to set the options described below:
- . Requires the recipient to enter the password below in order to access the Download Files page, where the recipient can view and download files.
You (the sender) will need to provide the recipient with the appropriate password by sending it via a separate email, a phone call, fax, etc., in accordance with your organization's security policy.
- Optionally, click to set the options described below, if allowed by your administrator:
- .When the recipient downloads a file from the Download Files page, send an email to notify the sender that the download has occurred.
- . You can set two limits on downloads:
- The length of time, in days or hours, recipients have to download a given file. This can be set to a value up to the maximum days, which is set by the Administrator.
- The number of times recipients may download a given transferred file. This can be set to a value up to the maximum downloads, which is set by the Administrator.
- (maximum: 500 downloads). Prevent download of the file after the peak number of downloads is reached.
- Click . The package is sent, the Send files page closes and returns you to the Sent Files page, where you can review the status of the package.
If you exceed the Send Files limits set by your administrator, the file package will not be sent, and you will see an error message stating the reason it failed.
Your administrator has assigned limits for the Send Files capacity. A status message in this section shows your available disk space, your total number of files allowed, and your total files sent.