Active Script Action
This action allows you to write either VBScript or JScript code to perform a customized action. If the script returns an error code, the action failed. This script has a context object you can use to get specific information about the context of the action. We have provided several code samples for you to create useful script actions for your devices. All script features in WhatsUp Gold utilize the SNMP API.
Configure the following:
- . Enter a unique name for the action. This name displays in the Actions Library.
- . Enter a short description about the action. This description displays next to the action in the Actions Library.
- . Enter the length of time WhatsUp Gold attempts to connect to the selected device. When the time you enter is exceeded without connecting, a timeout occurs and WhatsUp Gold stops trying to connect to the SMTP server. This is considered a failed connection. Though the maximum timeout is 60 seconds, you are discouraged from using a timeout longer than the default of 10 seconds. You are encouraged to use the shortest timeout possible.
- . Select the scripting language that you want to use to write this active script (either VBScript or JScript).
- . Enter your action code in this box.
: Using percent variables in Script Text can be parsed by the Script Text interpreter literally and break your script.
- Click to save your changes.
: To check the status of an action or to cancel an action, in the WhatsUp Gold console go to .