Service Restart Action
The Restart action starts a previously stopped service.
Configure the following:
- . Enter a unique name for the action. This name displays in the Action Library.
- . Enter a short description about the action. This description displays next to the action in the Action Library.
- . Enter the desired host from your network neighborhood.
- . Enter a user login to use with this monitor. In order to monitor the service on another machine, the Service Restart monitor has to be configured with the correct user name and password and a user account that belongs to the administrators group on the remote machine. If a domain account is used, then the expected user name is domain\user. If the device is on a workgroup, there are two possible user names: workgroup name\user or machine name\user. No user name and password is needed for local services (services on the machine where WhatsUp Gold is running).
- . Enter the password for the login used above.
- . Click browse () to select the desired service associated with your host.
- . Select either Start or Stop, depending on whether you want the associated alert to start or stop the service you have selected.
- . Click to save your changes.
: To check the status of an action, or to cancel an action, in the WhatsUp Gold console go to .