Web Alarm Action
The Web Alarm action sounds an alarm by playing sound file on the WhatsUp Gold console. For more information on how Web Alarms work, see the Working with Web Alarms topic.
: In previous versions of WhatsUp Gold, the Web Alarm action was included in the Implicit Action Policy. This is no longer true in WhatsUp Gold v14 and later.
Configure the following:
- . Enter a unique name for the action. This name displays in the Actions Library.
- . Enter a short description about the action. This description displays next to the action in the Actions Library.
- . Enter a short message to send to the visual cue part of the Web Alarm in the web interface. You can use percent variable snippets to display specific information in the message body.
- . Select this option to play the sound file whenever a web alarm action fires. Clear this option to only have the visual cue appear in the Web Interface.
- . Select a sound file that is installed in your \
Program Files\Ipswitch\WhatsUp\HTML\Nm.UI\WebSounds directory. Custom sounds added to this directory appear in the drop-down list.
- . Click to save your changes.
: For Web Alarms to work properly, your browser must support embedded sound files.