The JMX Performance Monitor allows you to monitor any server that supports JMX by requesting a single JMX performance counter the server supports and allows you to easily browse and add available counters to the monitoring list.
- Configure the following fields to set up your JMX Performance Monitor:
- . Enter a unique name for the monitor. This name displays in the Performance Monitor Library.
- . Enter additional information for the monitor. This description displays next to the monitor name in the Performance Monitor Library.
- . Select the target device, domain/path, and attribute to monitor. Please see the following procedure steps for additional details about selecting the object path and attribute.
- . Enter the port number WhatsUp Gold should use to communicate with the JMX object.
- . Select this option to use Secure Socket Layer connection for communication with the JMX object.
- Click to launch the JMX Credentials dialog.
- Enter the IP address or host name of the target device to browse. You can also click the Browse button () to select a device from the device list.
- Ensure the and settings reflect your selections made in the previous dialog.
- If needed, select an existing JMX credential from the list or click the Browse button () to access the Credentials Library, then create a new one.
- Click to proceed to the JMX Browser which you can use to select the target device, domain/path, and attribute to monitor.
- The monitor configuration dialog should now display the attribute you selected in the JMX Browser. Click to save the monitor.