Configuring WMI Formatted Counter monitors
Configuring WMI Formatted Counter monitors collects performance data on devices using the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) technology. WMI is Microsoft Windows standard for retrieving information Windows platforms.
WMI Formatted Counter performance monitor uses calculated counter data.
The WMI Formatted Counter performance monitor requires:
- Windows credential for the polled device.
- WMI statistics gathering (and remote access) configured at the polled device. For details, see KB 000017307.
Provide a unique name and description for the monitor, then configure the following:
Important Configuration Fields
- and . Enter the OID and instance in the respective fields or click to access the Performance Counters dialog.
- . Name or IP address of the computer you are trying to connect to and gather instrumentation from. You can click browse () to select a device from a list.
- . Select a credential to connect to the device you want to monitor. Click browse () if you need to access the Credentials Library.
Add WMI Formatted Performance Monitor Dialog
- . Select the WMI object to monitor.
- . Select the instance of the counter.
- and boxes on the Add WMI Formatted Performance Monitor dialog.