Get SNMP Traffic Totals
When certain flow sources export flow statistics for a portion or "sample" over overall traffic observed, you can complement flow sampling by gathering packet count totals using SNMP.
To add a device as an SNMP Source to poll for total interface traffic (packet totals):
- Open the NTA Sources Library ( menu ).
- Click .
The Flow Source dialog displays.
- Provide the following field values:
- . IP address of the flow source device.
- . (Optional.) Name to display in NTA reports and the NTA Sources Library.
- . When you enable the current source will count as points against your Flow Monitor license.
- . Select appropriate credentials from the drop down list.
- (button). Select a time out interval and retry frequency.
- (button). WhatsUp Gold Network Traffic Analysis queries the source device for interface information. The Interfaces frame displays known network interfaces for the current device.
- Polling source.
- . (Optional) Opens the Flow Source access rights dialog that enables you to block WhatsUp Gold users from the flow data.
- . Select one or more interfaces, edit properties as needed, and select .
- . Edit interface properties and provide clues like interface speed if nominal interface speed is not advertised by the device.
- . Ignore when collecting statistics.
- . Include in statistics gathering.
- . Apply these settings and exit.
Network Traffic Analysis saves your SNMP source which also displays in your NTA Sources Library.
Find source in NTA Sources Library and view polled data:
- Wait a few minutes for the polling/sample interval to begin populating Network Traffic Analysis, then from the NTA Sources Library ( menu ), find the source record you just created (in the previous procedure). Select it.
- With your source selected, click the button.
An NTA Dashboard displays with the current source selected.