View, Edit, Delete, and Enable Flow Sources
NTA Source Library ( menu ) provides a table view of:
- Flow sources detected on your network.
- Flow sources you configured manually or automatically using NTA Device Configuration.
- Devices polled for NBAR traffic totals.
- Groups or individual interfaces providing SNMP or flow statistics.
Understanding Column Data
Each source record in the NTA Source Library has the following fields:
- . Name of source device.
- . Indicates if flow or statistics are gathered from this device.
- . Flow protocol (if supported).
- . Credential types. You can add additional credentials using the WhatsUp Gold Credential Library.
- . Indicates if flow source is active. ("n/a" indicates not a configured flow source).
- . Flow packet rate.
- . Indicates if traffic totaling is active. Flow Sum denotes traffic totals are summed from NetFlow packets. Receiving indicates traffic totals are estimated (typical of sFlow).
- . Indicates if endpoint is polled for NBAR classification data (fetched by SNMP).
- . Indicates if NBAR is provided by the NetFlow protocol.
- . Indicates if ASN (Autonomous System Number) identification is provided by the current flow protocol.
- . Time of last information.
Click a column heading () to display the column selection listing . You can also include:
- . Device IP address.
- . Estimated reliability based on the volume and sampling rate.
- . Fraction of observed traffic data reported by source.