Using WhatsUp Gold Database Utilities
The Database Utilities menu allows you to perform multiple WhatsUp Gold-specific SQL backup and restore operations directly from the Console Application user interface.
- . Select this option to make a copy of your WhatsUp Gold SQL database.
- . Select this option to restore your WhatsUp Gold SQL database with a previous version.
- . Select this option to make a copy of either your Network Traffic Analysis Current or Archive database.
- . Select this option to restore either your Network Traffic Analysis Current or Archive database.
- . Launch the Database Tools dialog. This dialog contains the following utilities:
- Database Performance is used to monitor the size of your database and to manage the index fragmentation percentage of the individual tables.
- Database Table Maintenance is used to purge expired data from data tables in your database. Please exercise caution when using this utility; data purged through this process cannot be restored.
: If applicable, upon initiating a database restore, you will be asked if you would like to migrate existing dashboards from WhatsUp Gold 2016 (v16.x) along with your database. For important information about the migration process as well as some limitations which may apply, please see the knowledge base article found here as well as the release notes before proceeding.