Device Group Management Actions
A number of manual actions can be performed on a selected device group directly from the My Network view. Simply right-click on the group name within the device group picker and select from the options displayed. You can also select any device group, then click and select the action to be performed. Please note, menu options displayed may be dependent upon the user rights of the account logged into WhatsUp Gold.
- . This action allows you to modify the properties of the selected device group.
- . This action launches the Device Group Access Rights interface which allows you to enable/disable permissions for multiple users and/or user groups based on their device group membership.
- . This action creates a shortcut to a device group in a new location which provides access to the group while it remains in its original location.
- . This action relocates a group from its original location.
- . This action force deletes a device group from WhatsUp Gold.
- . This action creates a new device group in WhatsUp Gold
- . This action allows you to acknowledge state changes on devices within the selected group. Please note, acknowledging a state change does not prevent a device from firing actions. Place devices in maintenance mode to stop actions from firing.
- . This action immediately requests an updated status from devices within the selected group prior to the next automatic polling time per the configured polling interval.
- . This action updates roles and subroles and retrieves any updated and/or additional system attributes and network connectivity information for devices in the selected group.
: Refresh, which leverages Discovery, is the best method for refreshing Host, System, and Inventory information.
- . This action combines and adds applicable monitors. Use this option to add recently added monitors configured with the option. Please note, only credentials already applied to devices in the selected group are used to determine which monitors may be applied during the rescan. If they device do not pass preconditions for the monitor (such as the presence of specific MIB objects), no monitor is added.
- . This action prevents devices within the selected group from being polled, actions from being triggered, and disables logging activity.
When manually placing a device in maintenance mode using the device management actions menu, you are presented with the option to specify a date and time for the maintenance period to end without further end-user interaction. Please note, manually placing a device in maintenance mode using this method, either with or without applying expiration, will always take precedence over any previously assigned scheduled recurring maintenance windows configured in Device Properties.
- . This action disables maintenance mode.
- . This option allows you to make configuration changes to the selected devices in bulk including assigning credentials, monitors, and action policies, editing active and passive monitor properties, assigning maintenance schedules, setting dependencies and dependency roots, specifying polling interval and interfaces, creating attributes, and appending notes to the device properties.