The following enhancements have been implemented in the latest version of WhatsUp Gold. For the most current list of new features and their descriptions, see the WhatsUp Gold release notes.
- . WhatsUp Gold now gives users the ability to "bookmark" specific areas of the application to provide quick and easy access to the features they use most. Several areas of the application can be saved as favorites including (but not limited to) dashboards, reports, maps, device properties, libraries, and settings.
- . When configuring CPU, Memory, Interface, and Disk utilization, WhatsUp Gold now shows you what protocol is currently being used, displays all protocols are available for use, and recommends selecting an alternate protocol prior to saving your monitor configuration if your selection generates an error or the application informs you the selected protocol may/will not work for the device.
- . The new Post To MS Teams action generates a custom notification message, or adaptive card, in MS Teams for a specific team previously configured within the application. The resulting MS Teams notification can be configured to include a button or link which when clicked launches WhatsUp Gold displaying the device/monitor which triggered the action.
- . Users can now choose to have WhatsUp Gold poll network devices using their hostnames by selecting the applicable checkbox when adding a new device or editing and existing one. Additionally, devices can also now be discovered using their DNS names if provided when a new scan is initiated.
- . Enabling OAuth 2.0 authentication lets users to authenticate to any REST API, regardless of grant type required and allow them to be creative when creating applicable monitors.
- . This new device-specific report view presents a timeline of when a device changed from one state to another during a selected time period.
Additional enhancements in this release include: