The following enhancements have been implemented in the latest version of WhatsUp Gold:
- . The functionality of Roles and Sub Roles has been enhanced to enable users to export Role and Sub Role definitions. This is particularly helpful to users who work within more than one instance of WhatsUp Gold and allows community members to share profiles of new hardware or customize their WhatsUp Gold environment to suit a specific scenario or purpose.
- . Hardware status can now be monitored directly out of the box without the need for creating dedicated custom monitors. You can now monitor disk drives, RAID volumes, fans, power supplies, temperature sensors, and more for any vendor that supports the Redfish standard, which includes systems from Cisco, HP, Dell, Lenovo, Supermicro, Fujitsu, IBM, and others.
- . Added support for UCD-SNMP-MIB. This enhances the performance monitoring of systems previously unavailable for monitoring without user customization. This includes LoadMaster appliances and many other virtual appliances that populate these SNMP counters.
- . An updated version of the SNMP MIB Walker tool is included in this release. The updated version includes new capabilities, set as creating monitors directly from the tool.
Additional features in this release include:
- . Bulk change options for roles, sub roles, and performance monitors options, smart monitor grouping, automated configuration for Open ID authentication, and configurable interface naming preference have all been added to enhance the user experience.
- . Log Management now generates an on-screen warning message based on lag time to process events.
- . New REST API endpoints have been added for managing device groups.
- . To provide a more secure option for authenticating emails originating from WhatsUp Gold, an additional OAuth 2.0 grant type has been implemented in the REST API credential. We have also made audit trail improvements to the web user activity log.