WMI Performance Monitor
The WMI performance monitor watches for specific values on Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) enabled devices. WMI is a Microsoft Windows standard for retrieving information from computer systems running Windows and is installed by default on most Windows operating systems.
The WMI performance monitor requires the following credential:
Provide a unique name and description for the monitor, then configure the following:
Configure the WMI performance monitor using the following boxes:
- . Enter a unique name for the performance monitor. This name displays in the Monitor Library.
- . (Optional) Enter a short description for the performance monitor. This description displays next to the performance monitor in the Monitor Library.
- and . Enter the OID and instance in the respective fields or click browse () to access the Performance Counters dialog. The Performance Counters dialog appears.
- Use the navigation tree in the left panel to select the specific performance counteryou want to monitor. You can view more information about the property/value at the bottom of the dialog.
- In the right pane, select the specific performance instance of the selected counter you want to monitor.
- Click to add the appropriate values to the and boxes on the Add WMI Performance Monitor dialog. The Add WMI Performance Monitor dialog appears.
- Click to save the changes. The custom performance monitor displays in the Monitor Library list.