The Credentials Library stores SMIS authentication data for devices in your WhatsUp Gold database to be used whenever authentication is needed to connect to and gather data from a supported storage device. Configure the following fields to create a SMIS credential:
- . Enter a unique name for the credential. This name displays in the Credentials Library.
- . Enter additional information about the credential. This information displays next to the credential in the Credentials Library.
- . Enter a username. This username is used to authenticate to the device.
- . Enter a password. This password is used with the above username to authenticate to the device.
- . Re-enter the authentication password for confirmation.
- . Select either HTTP or HTTPS as the authentication protocol to be used for communication between the WhatsUp Gold server and the storage device.
- . Enter the port number WhatsUp Gold should use to communicate with the storage device.
- . Enter a timeout (in seconds) for the length of time the connection should be attempted. The default timeout is 10 seconds.